What makes you different from other trainers?
- I have used many different styles of dog training since 2013, and found that TBTE was by far the most effective, humane, and kind way to help dogs and their human family. I am the first and most experienced TBTE trainer in Southern California, having studied it directly with the founders since 2018. I have helped hundreds of dogs and humans live more enjoyable lives together by teaching dogs the skill of relaxation and to feel better about the world around them.
- I love working with anyone that is ready to learn with their dog. My personal favorites are timid/fearful dogs and goofy/energetic dogs. I do not work with serious aggression cases at this time.
- This blog from Mark McCabe about how we can help our dogs get great outcomes by becoming optimistic vs. what typical obedience and training lessons do is highly recommended for anyone looking to help their dog.
When is the best time to start training my dog?
- We help new dog parents, right after, or even before they get their dog, families who are just starting to have issues with their dog, and dogs that have had problems for a long time. If you think you need some help and are ready to address what’s happening, now is the perfect time!
- If you have a puppy, teaching it to be calm, confident, courteous, and curious from the beginning will let you skip having problems more enjoyable together. There is never an age that’s too young to start training! See the online training Puppy Potential that we have available specifically for puppies. The TBTE Level 1 course (hyperlink to this https://alainasnyder.krtra.com/t/grdqMA57KydT ) is also a great foundation for puppies.
- If your dog is an adult, most behavior issues don’t resolve themselves without help, so the faster we work with your dog, the faster you get to have the life you want together. The online Level 1 course teaches you what you need to get started with any behavioral challenge you’re having with your dog.
Will I have to manage my dog’s behavior for the rest of her/his life?
- Dogs are capable of a lot of change and success by learning what works, what doesn’t, and how to regulate their feelings and behavior. The most important step is teaching your dog to be calm, confident, and optimistic. If he/she has those qualities, teaching obedience and other fun things you want is easy! Some dogs may require some ongoing management, but the goal of this training is to make your life easier and more enjoyable, with your dog making better choices on their own every day. Mark McCabe explains this more in this short video.
What are your specialties?
- I love working with any enthusiastic human/family that is ready to learn with their dog. My personal favorites are timid/fearful dogs and goofy/energetic dogs. I do not work with serious aggression cases at this time.
Where are lessions, how long, and how much are they?
- Most of the time, training sessions take place online or in your home environment and neighborhood where your challenges are after your initial online training is done.
- We may also train in other places that your dog needs help like a veterinary office, groomer, family member’s home, hike, park, our backyard pool, outdoor mall, or cafe.
- Most sessions are approximately 90 minutes. We will teach you and your dog as much as you both can successfully learn and use in the upcoming week(s).
- Online course prices vary. Online private training sessions are $200 and in-person private training sessions start at $250 depending on location and time.
How many sessions will I need?
- We may or may not tackle your dog’s biggest problems head on in the beginning. We will do whatever is most effective and fair for your dog, and to reach your goals in the shortest time possible. We use the TBTE framework and our years of experience to tailor the program to you. The amount of sessions will depend on how difficult your challenges are, how fast you and your dog learn, and how much you apply the skills in between sessions.
Do you have training packages?
- Nope, for good reason! Dogs and people learn at vastly different speeds. I give everyone my best price on every training session, so we can work together the right amount of time for you.
Do you have availability on nights & weekends?
- There are limited sessions available on nights and weekends at double the standard rate.
Text Alaina at (818)925-5748