Helping your dog be CALM, CONFIDENT, and COURTEOUS.
- Results. We use rewards and positive reinforcement to get behaviors that we like, and occasional corrections to stop behaviors or break behavior loops that dogs can get stuck in. Your dog learns best with lots of encouragement, and so do you!
- Flexible Service. Your dog lives in your home, so most training should take place in and around your home, neighborhood, and where you want to take your dog. For busy people/families, we also offer “Social Training,” to support your dog’s progress in between training sessions with you. If you’re traveling, we can also train your dog while he/she stays at Pet Lovers Resort in Tarzana. We train during the day Monday-Saturday and most Monday-Friday evenings to accommodate busy schedules.
- Interactive training. We will work with your dog and explain what we are doing, then you will work with your dog and get feedback and support. Plus, we will leave handouts for many training concepts!
- Mid-week support. For most dogs, it is ideal for us to have one or two sessions per week (or more for Social Training or Resort Training). In between sessions, we want you to reach out and let us know how it is going – what is working great, and what you need support with.
- Great prices. We train session by session so that you and your dog get exactly as much support as you need and want. Give us a call so we can design a plan to help you!
It is not an exageration to say that our beloved family dog, Chloe, would not be our beloved family dog had we not met Alaina. We had just adopted Chloe when my mother died suddenly, rocking our family to the core. Chloe was a Border Collie mix rescue puppy who needed ALOT of training. Alaina understood the position we were in, swooped in , took Chloe for two weeks so we could tend to arrangements and grieve. Chloe returned to us the same sweet girl but a lot more refined. We have continued to work with Alaina because she cares about our dog but also because she understands the dynamics of our family (two working parents of three kids ages 9-14). She has made herself available to train and board Chloe and always goes the extra mile for her clients. Book this woman now, you won’t be disappointed, you will be shocked how your dog turns around and how easy it is to keep her that way.
Alaina had me at hello…quite literally. She came into our home and immediately had our puppy, Bella, under control. This was something my husband and I were unable to do on our own. We loved Bella and had bonded with her but were so frustrated because she was out of control. We even thought we might have to give her to someone that could handle her. It was truly heartbreaking. But in those first few moments, Alaina changed everything.
My work is in the legal field of dog bite law. I see the worst of what can happen when a dog is not trained or socialized and I could not be one of those dog owners. So we opted for the more intense board and train. During those two weeks, Alaina gave us regular updates that we really appreciated. Bella came home really almost perfect. She listens, she comes when she’s called, she sits whenever asked, and she walks like a pro. She is an absolute joy now and we could not be happier.
Alaina not only trained Bella, she trained us (and continues to train us) on how to keep Bella at her best. She follows up with us to make sure we are doing all the right things and corrects us when we don’t. I will continue to have Bella train with Alaina because I want the best dog possible and I know Alaina can give us that…she already has. This was the best investment we have ever made. We can’t thank you enough!